It’s been said time and time again that breakfast is the most crucial part of your day.
The Effect of having a Nice Breakfast in the Morning
By eating breakfast, you’re giving your body the energy it needs to get through a morning. You’ll have more brain power, too!
Breakfast also curbs hunger throughout the day and helps you avoid snacking on unhealthy foods later on.
If you’re not a “breakfast person,” don’t worry; we’ve got some ideas for you:
- Start your day off with an omelet or scrambled eggs
- Eat a bowl of cereal with milk
- Grab yourself some yogurt, fruit, and granola
- Have a fruit smoothie with yogurt instead of ice cream
- For those who are really against breakfast or find themselves starving by lunchtime: eat a light lunch as soon as possible after waking up.
Add more Vegetables to Your Favorite Dishes
Eating vegetables is a great way to start eating healthier. Vegetables are good for you and provide nutrients we can’t get from any other food group.
There are so many different vegetables out there, it’s hard to know which to start with. So, why not add more of the veggies you like to your favorite dishes? If you love pasta, toss in some spinach or kale. If pizza is your thing, try adding peppers instead of pepperoni.
Mixing up what you eat will help keep things interesting and also keep things fresh in your kitchen!